Tallgrass Film Association fosters an appreciation of the cinematic arts by creating shared experiences around the international medium of film. Tallgrass strives to preserve the cultural tradition of film as a communal adventure. Cinema is one of the most accessible forms of art - movies bring us together: they entertain, spark conversation, forge new relationships and build bridges throughout our community.
Stubbornly Independent since 2003, TFA is the largest independent film association in the state of Kansas, producing an annual film festival, year-round Special Screenings & Events, Filmmaker Labs and Educational Programs and a Traveling Road Show.
TFA’s year-round events position Wichita as a hip and cutting edge community with cultural vitality and provide a singular entertainment option parallel to that found in larger cities, with a positive impact on Wichita’s tourism industry.
TALLGRASS FILM FESTIVAL
- Days: 5
- Attendees: 15,003
- Films Screened: 203
(1500+ films submitted for consideration)
- Visiting Guests: 85
- Countries Represented: 34
- Festival Venues: 19
- Special Screenings & Events
- Smallgrass, A Family-Friendly Film Festival, presented by TFA & Exploration Place
- Down to the Wire: 24 Hour Film Race
- Filmmaker Labs, Educational Series, Emerging Programmer Apprenticeship & In-Classroom Experiences
- Tallgrass Road Show in partnership with the Kansas Historic Theatre Association